Health Care

Report life changes to the Marketplace


When life changes, your health coverage and saving options may change too. If you’ve had a change, like you got married or moved to a new address, let the Marketplace know. 


What type of changes should I report? 

Certain changes are considered qualifying life events. There are 4 basic types: 

  • Loss of health coverage: Losing job-based coverage (yours or a household member’s) or eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) 
  • Residence changes: Certain household moves, like to a new ZIP code, county, or state 
  • Household changes: New baby, marriage, divorce, or death 
  • Other qualifying life events, like changes in your income that affect the coverage you qualify for or becoming a U.S. citizen 

These changes may affect the coverage or savings you’re eligible for. Also, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period to sign up for health insurance outside of Open Enrollment. 

Get the full list of changes to report.

3 ways to report changes: 

Published Aug 10, 2023